Position: UX Booth Contributing Editor
Pay: $300 monthly stipend (we do this for love, not money!)Weekly Responsibilities:
- UX Booth editors work one-on-one with authors to bring articles from pitch to publication.
- Editors focus on both copy edits (grammar, punctuation, etc) and content edits.
- Editors help authors to clarify their theses and find relevant, real-world examples for their articles.
- Editors make judgement calls on when articles are ready for publication, and what authors can do to improve their work.
- Editors are required to attend one weekly, 20min check-in meeting to keep the full team aware of upcoming publication dates.
- Editors are expected to spend no more than 5 hours a week on UX Booth-related work.
- Though not required, UX Booth editors are given frequent opportunities to publish their own work on UX Booth.
- Editors are given access to the latest books on UX, and are given opportunities to interview well renowned, as well as up-and-coming authors.
- UX Booth editors are given opportunities to represent UX Booth at conferences free of charge, if and when they are available and interested in attending.
- Strong writing skills
- Editing experience
- A strong familiarity with user experience